Everyone is spending more time in their yards now that summer is here. And while you want to be enjoying the great outdoors as long as possible, you don't want the pesky bugs that come with a
Managing Pests In Your Yard This Summer
Dated: July 6 2023
Everyone is spending more time in their yards now that summer is here. And while you want to be enjoying the great outdoors as long as possible, you don't want the pesky bugs that come with a Canadian summer. Here are 8 ways to repel the bugs from your yard.
- Citronella- The most obvious weapon in the war against the bugs. Candles or citronella oil in a diffuser can help deter those pesky mosquitos.
- Remove Standing Water- the mecca of mosquitos. Be sure to rid your yard of standing water like bird baths, and pet bowls changing the water frequently.
- Insect Repellent Plants - plants like basil, mint, and rosemary have strong scents that bugs typically dislike. Having these in your yard can help cut down on the bug population.
- Natural Repellents- You can always use environmentally friendly alternatives that are DEET free and safe for the whole family including lemongrass-eucalyptis oil or neem oil.
- Essential Oils- Some essential oils are perfect for keeping bugs at bay. Dilute
- Screens- Obvious, yet effective. Ensure the screens on your windows, doors, and if you have them- outdoor coverings- are hole free to keep the bugs out.
- Keep Outdoor Areas Tidy- Bugs like overgrowth and an undisturbed habitat to do their thing. Make sure you're cutting overgrown shrubbery, the grass and removing debris and trash to avoid bug hotspots.
- Avoid Peak Bug Time- Bugs like the dusk and dawn. Avoid these times, or if you must be out keep in mind the above tips and tricks.
As the owner and manager of this full service real estate company, please feel free to contact me to place you with the best agent for the job. Our sales staff can accommodate you in your retirement r....